Once you have decided Traineeships are right for your business, NTA will do the rest.
Times have been tough for everyone recently, but there is a fantastic opportunity to get your business back on its feet. Northern Training Academy are at the forefront of traineeships delivery, and with such a flexible training programme, we can work closely with you to design an appropriate programme which suits you and the trainee. We have no set model of delivery – we work with each organisation in the way that best meets their needs.
What is a traineeship?
A traineeship is a course with work experience that gets you ready for work or an apprenticeship. It can last from 6 weeks up to 1 year, though most traineeships last for less than 6 months.
· Work preparation
· English, Maths and Digital Skills support
When a young person has completed their traineeship, they could be offered either an apprenticeship, a paid position within the business or an exit interview on their time within the business.
Why take on a trainee?
· You can check what a young person is capable of, and if they have the skill set to succeed, without hiring them and paying them a wage
· Hosting a trainee comes at no cost to the employer, and there is no obligation to offer the trainee a permanent position
· Trainees will have a hunger and desire to work hard and succeed
· You can see if a candidate has the correct up-to-date training before offering a position or an apprenticeship
· Your current employees will have the opportunity to improve their mentoring and coaching skills through helping trainees
Traineeships: The Finances
Employers are not required to pay anything to trainees, as all the training courses are met by UK Government funding. Don’t worry about expenses either, as NTA will cover anything you need, including transport, meals and uniform for the trainee.
You and your business can get your hands on a £1000 Government grant per trainee (with a limit of 10 trainees per UK region).
If you choose to progress a trainee onto the Apprenticeship scheme, you could qualify for a further grant of £1500 from the Government.
If you do see the trainee as an appropriate fit for your business, and wish to offer them a permanent position, NTA will undertake the recruitment process, at no extra cost to your business!
Why Northern Training Academy?
Our dedicated service will help source eligible and suitable candidates, this includes sourcing and pre-screening the Trainees.
We will tailor the training programme to be relevant to your business, building the trainees skills to succeed in your workplace.
NTA will provide ongoing support through a traineeship including regular reviews.
You don’t just build a business, you build people, and people build your business.
Register your interest by contacting Debbie Taylor McDonald , NTA's Head of Traineeships: